Babysitter interview questions from 4sitters.com babysitting service will prepare you for your babysitter interviews. Preparing to interview babysitter candidates is very important in order to hire the right babysitter. You will need to spend some time thinking about previous babysitters and what skills, knowledge, and personal qualities made them great at their job. Select some or all of the following babysitter interview questions.
General Babysitter Interview Questions
- Why do you like to babysit?
- Why should we hire you as our babysitter?
- What age group are you comfortable babysitting?
- Do you have children?
- What is your pay rate?
- We have a pet. Do you have any issues working around our pet?
- Do you smoke?
- What kind of experience do you have babysitting?
- How many years have you been babysitting?
- What are your favorite activities while babysitting?
- What do children like about you?
- Do you have experience with special needs children?
- Do you have experience tutoring? What subjects?
- What are the proper ways of disciplining a child?
- How would you handle arguments between children?
- Under what circumstances would you call 911?
Work History Babysitter Interview Questions
- Can you provide three references?
- How would a previous employer describe you as a babysitter?
- Would you be willing to submit to a national background check?
Transportation related Babysitter Interview Questions
- Do you have a reliable vehicle with insurance?
- Do you have a clean driving record?
Medical, Training, and Education Babysitter Interview Questions
- Are you CPR and First Aid certified?
- Do you have any medical, teaching, or behavioral certifications?
- Can you swim?
- Have you passed a certified babysitting course?
- Do you have a college degree? What is your major?
Job specific Babysitter Interview Questions
- What days and hours are you available to babysit?
- Can you work late at night or overnight?
- Are you able to do light housekeeping, laundry, and dishes?
Infant care Babysitter Interview Questions
- Do you know how to change diapers?
- Do you have experience with infants?
- Do you know what shaken baby syndrome is?